EPA AWIA RESOURCES
On October 23, 2018, America's Water Infrastructure Act (AWIA) was signed into law. AWIA Section 2013 requires community (drinking) water systems serving more than 3,300 people to develop or update risk assessments and emergency response plans (ERPs). The law specifies the components that the risk assessments and ERPs must address, and establishes deadlines by which water systems must certify to EPA completion of the risk assessment and ERP. The Federal Register Notice for New Risk Assessments and Emergency Response Plans for Community Water Systems is available.
- EPA’s AWIA main page, which contains links for all the resources listed below: https://www.epa.gov/waterresilience/americas-water-infrastructure-act-risk-assessments-and-emergency-response-plans
- EPA’s resources for completing Risk and Resilience Assessments:
- Vulnerability Self-Assessment Tool
- Small System Risk and Resilience Assessment Checklist
- EPA’s resource for completing ERPs: